Designed and recommended by vets, this slow feeding mat is designed to provide your doggo with an enriching, tasty activity that helps to enhance their overall health and wellbeing and to assist in relieving anxiety.
Dogs need mental and physical stimulation to keep them happy, healthy, and occupied. Dogs that are not stimulated, or rewarded for engaging in time occupying behaviour, can begin to display mischievous and problem behaviours around the home. A licking mat is a way to engage your dog with an activity that both occupies and rewards.
The mat makes eating an interactive activity, rather than just a meal
The texture of this mat makes it perfect for applying peanut butter, wet, raw, and dry, foods and treats. Once your pet's favourite morsels are spread over the surface, they can pick up every bit until the mat is squeaky clean. The textured surface makes licking a challenge, which slows the process of the pet eating and prolongs their enjoyment of the special snack. You can even freeze the treats to make the fun last longer.
- Can provide a point of focus and rewards to distract your dog during fearful events
- assist with oral health care
- The licking action generates the production of saliva that can help maintain good oral health
- The textured rubber surface assists in scraping food particles and bacteria off your pet’s tongue to promote a fresher breath
The mat is fantastic for slowing down mealtime and to stop your dog from gulping down their food in seconds – making it ideal for dogs who are prone to vomiting, bloating, or gagging from eating too fast.
- Made from BPA free, non-toxic food grade TPR (thermoplastic rubber) – contains no silicone
- Flexible and easy to clean (soak and hand wash in warm, soapy water)
- Freezer safe
- Dimensions 31cm x 25.5cm x 0.7cm thick
If this mat is used correctly, it is strong and long-lasting. It is not a chew toy. Inspect for wear and take away from your pet if any pieces become loose or detached.
Rinse and wash the mat once your dog has finished licking up all their food/treats – do not leave the mat with old/dried food and treats attached to the surface. Soak and hand wash in warm, soapy water.